Sunday, April 12, 2009

Carrots For Spring?


Hi Folks, 
I'm Denyse, a pierced, tattooed weaving and spinning addict. I've been a renegade since leaving home at the age of 17 and traveling the county working for various rock bands. After many years on the road, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, arthritis and chronic migraines. I'm also allergic to sunlight -- go figure.  

Now in my early 40's I've settled down and embraced weaving and spinning full time. I still travel and rock out -- progressive rock mostly -- but most often I take my walker with me. And my loom of course. I weave exclusively on rigid heddle looms and spin on my Fricke electric spinner. I have a host of other disabilities (including paralyzed fingers) but still manage to spin and weave like a madwoman. The reason I started this blog is to post about my adventures, but most of all to encourage other disabled folks to spin and weave too. I have this habit of falling off curbs, so if I can spin and weave, you can too. :-) 

The "Carrot Scarf" pictured is my latest weaving. It's woven in 3/2 perle cotton and my own handspun merino/silk in the center section. It was a gift for a friend and I've been asked to weave more scarves, so stay tuned... 




No comments:

Post a Comment